PB2A

An academic interest that I'm looking into is Engineering and Design. I looked into two professors and they are Masataka Okutsu, and Marcus Besser. Some things that I would like to research is how to make legos. Growing up I loved building and creating new figures such as houses, cars, and helicopters. 

If I were to study in this field and research more with one professor it would probably be Masataka Okutsu, he is my professor right now in Engineering and Design and I also know him on a more personal level. In class we are using this 3D design software called AutoCAD which helps you create any 2D or 3D creation you can think of. Later on if you have a 3D printer you could code it to the printer and print the creation you want to make. 

Would AutoCAD be the best way to create and generate lego bricks?
What other ways could we make the bricks?
3D printing takes a lot of time and legos have many different shapes and sizes, would we create more than one brick or stick to the 2x4 brick?
Is it possible to create a house from a 3D printer?
Would it be possible to make a fully functional car from 3D designing legos?

Key Words: Legos, 3D modeling, 3D design, AutoCAD, Engineering, Design

Documentation style: CSE or MLA


Comments